Hi Everyone! Happy Monday!
So my husband thought it would be cool for us to get LASIK surgery done to correct our vision. Yay! I don't know why I didn't do this years ago...
But, turns out, my corneas are too thin for LASIK, so my option was something called PRK.
I had it done 12 days ago, and after a week of pain bad enough to need percoset the whole time (and honestly, percoset was kind of fun the first couple days, but after that it was like, get me off this stuff. Plus I still feel like I have a hangover from it.) Anyway, after a week of severe pain AND terrible vision up until mid-day TODAY, when I am magically able to drive again and read my emails without essentially pressing my nose to the screen...you know, all this would have been OK if I was expecting it...my fault for not doing more research and getting specifics out of the doctor, but I was under the impression that after a few days I would be fine.
Anyway. I'm going to be so grateful not to have glasses or contacts anymore. But gosh, the past 12 days have been SO HARD.
And with that complaining out of the way, here are some things that are awesome:
1) Warm enough in New Mexico in early November to be outside at 10 AM in a T-shirt and be comfortable...so nice. The kids and I colored outside this morning...and by colored I mean the kinds putting crayons in and out of the box over and over until they started chewing on them and I took them away. (Luke, to be fair, did put some marks on a piece of paper.) It was so lovely to be outside.
2) My biggest client, who told me a month or so ago they are letting all their freelance writers go at the beginning of the year, has asked me and one other writer to stay on. Not forever, I'm sure, but as long as they want to send work my way I am happy to be working with them...
3) Starting to plan our Christmas-time trip to Colorado. So excited! I think I'm even going to get to snowboard (snow permitting)...my brother was talking about taking us backcountry...
4) Have I told you guys my husband and I are doing CrossFit? That's a post in itself and I have been sore for a month straight, but today was the first day I wasn't the last one coming in from our warm-up run. I credit my new shoes (and a month of hard work, minus last week when I couldn't see and thus couldn't go).
5) Daylight savings time...that extra hour this morning helped soooooooo much.
Hope you all are getting a lovely start to your week.
Can't wait to show you Halloween pics here sometime in the next few days...we had a ball...