Still here. Still pregnant. :)
Today is the start of my 36th week, and I am DONE. Except, I'd really like to go one more week so the babies are full-term. But other than that, I'm sooooo big and sooooo uncomfortable. Plus I have a cold or the flu, which is making things doubly hard. I really hope it gets better soon...I really, really, really, really don't want to be sick for labor and delivery.
Here's how the past week has been:
- I've slept a few nights, but mostly dealing with bad insomnia. I've taken to working in the middle of the night so if I do sleep (most of my sleep seems to be happening between 7 AM and 12 PM these days) I don't have to worry about missing so much work time
- Speaking of work, my husband and I have decided that this should be my last week. I really wanted to work right up until delivery because I have 3 months for maternity leave and wanted to spend all of that with the babies, but it's just getting too hard...
- My feet/ankles are swelling terribly, gets worse every week. Trying to stay off them as much as possible, which helps. Have been working a lot from bed, which has been nice
- Still lots of movement from the babies
- The occasional contraction, maybe one or two a day. They aren't super painful but they don't feel that great, either. I had one when I was hooked up to the monitors (they've been monitoring me and the babies at the hospital for about an hour every week, which is great for my peace of mind), and the nurse said it was a "big" contraction, whatever that means
- Heartburn is a bit of an issue, which is new. And the diabetes diet sucks right now because being sick, all I want is juice (OK, OK, and vanilla milkshakes, too), neither of which I can have
- I'm getting really anxious to meet these little guys!!!
One more week. One more week. One more week. (Hopefully.)