I'm 31 weeks pregnant today! Feeling so excited and happy and like actually having babies is sooooooo close!
Here's how the past week has been:
- Early in the week my back hurt really bad...a visit to the chiropractor helped tremendously, though
- Sleep is sometimes still an issue...some nights I sleep fine, but some nights I'm up all night...it's about half and half at this point...
- Forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I'm willing to bet I've lost more weight. BUT, my mom, who was away on a trip for the past few weeks, has offered to make me snacks, which I think is really going to help with food intake/weight gain (I find it hard to come up with 3 snacks a day, but if someone else has put them in my fridge, I know I'll eat them). My mom is the BEST! Thanks, Mom! :)
- Had my out-of-town baby shower on Saturday over in Denver (4 hours from where we live) and it was absolutely AMAZING. My friends threw the most beautiful and special party, and so many people came...it was just incredible. Something I'll remember my whole life. Will do a post with pictures sometime this week...
- I was on my feet for four or five hours at my shower (in retrospect, not smart, but I was having so much fun walking around talking with everyone). Because of it, my ankles swelled up HUGE. I haven't had any trouble with that up until this point. Trying to lay down a lot now and elevate my feet...about half the swelling has gone away, but there's still a lot there...anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make it go down?
- Babies are moving like crazy lately...seems like more and more every week. I LOVE feeling them. So far, it hasn't hurt at all
- I was a tad bit worried that something might happen over in Denver and I'd end up stuck in the hospital over there, but everything was fine and now I'm home for the duration of my pregnancy, which feels good
So aside from the normal (for me anyway) discomforts, everything is going spectacularly.
Busy week this week with my mother-in-law coming for a visit Thursday and a second, local baby shower on Saturday. After that it's finish the nursery, rest up as much as possible and wait for the babies to come. I'm also trying to work right up until delivery if possible, since I can work from home. My due date is April 11, but I know the twins will probably come early and I have March 21 in my head for some reason which is only 6 weeks away...
Hope everyone is doing well and has a lovely week!