Pregnancy: Week 24
Hi Everyone! Happy Tuesday!
Ugh...so hard to get back to work after a few days off. But I had a lovely time up in the Colorado mountains over the holiday weekend...snow everywhere...very festive. Good to be home, though.
This week is 25 weeks for me. Here's how the last week has been:
- Nausea: I AM OFF ZOFRAN!!!! (After 12 weeks on.) Finally! The bad news is the nausea is still there...but it's not constant like it was earlier in my pregnancy, so I am trying to deal. Finding I need to be VERY careful not to get too hungry...
- Back: Hurts, mostly at night
- Sleep: Terrible (up all night a couple nights, sleeping a few hours here and there the others)
- Heartburn: Occasional (uncomfortable when it happens)
- Lung capacity: I get out of breath so easily! And at my brother's, which is about 9,000 feet elevation, I was totally winded just from getting dressed
- Movement: The babies are moving alll over the place. I saw my stomach move on its own for the first time this week. And my husband can feel the babies move now, no problem. He also put his ear to my belly and said he can hear them moving around, which is so cool
- Baby loot: We made out like bandits over Christmas. So many amazing gifts for the babies (we had asked people to buy gifts for them, not us)
- Classes: We've signed up for our hospital tour/orientation (apparently the new hospital in our town has pretty plush accommodations for the birthing of babies...psyched to check it out) and a 1-day birthing class run by the hospital, which my husband was really resistant about going to, which surprised me...he's usually so supportive and wanting to be hugely involved in everything baby-related. He did agree to go, though. Both these are happening in January
- Glucose test: Supposed to have results to my OB for our appointment Thursday, but keep putting this off. Kind of scared of the results. And fasting isn't a pleasant thought with the nausea I have going on. Need to just suck it up and go do it. Plus, it'll be nice to see the lab techs who drew my blood like twice a week or more through all of my IVFs...they are the nicest people...miss them...
- Overall: Feeling happy and blessed, although it's still hard to believe this is really happeneing. But physically suffering, and I know it's only going to get worse and I'm a little freaked out about that. Trying not to look too far into the future...I just think to myself: This week is going to be about the same as last week. I can handle that...
Hope everyone has a lovely week. :)