Pregnancy: Week 13
Well, I'm 14 weeks pregnant this week...officially out of the first trimester! Yay!
Here's how this past week has been:
- Terrible nausea at the beginning...getting worse if anything, so as I mentioned last week I broke down and got a prescription from my doctor for Zofran. Feeling a million times better. I'm so weird about taking medicine, though...it just makes me nervous. I'm supposed to start feeling better anyway around this time, so I'm not taking the medicine as scheduled (1 every 8 hours), just waiting until I start to feel a little sick and then taking it. Some days I'm taking 2, some days 3 but really want to minimize it, while still letting it do its job. I so wanted this pregnancy to be total hippie earth mother no drugs or anything, but this is helping me keep my sanity, so... And I guess it's also giving me my first lesson in the fact that you can't sacrifice absolutely everything for your kids...you're still a person, too. I've been walking around feeling like how I feel and how I'm coping doesn't matter, and of course I want to do what's best for my babies and if my doctor said I could harm them with this I absolutely wouldn't do it. But that's not the case, and it's helping so much...
- Emotionally feeling so much better and more positive, I'm sure because I'm not sick all the time...I always get down when I'm sick...it's so great to wake up in the morning and be excited about the day! :)
- I've gained 15 lbs so far (!), which is right on track to gain 20 lbs by 20 weeks, which is my goal. Still, stepping on the scale, it's hard not to be a little shocked! It's just temporary. I'll lose it all when the time is right
- My boobs are really starting to get huge
- Feeling the round ligament pain more and more...it's not really a big deal, though...just strange to feel the insides of your body stretching
- Have gotten several headaches over the past week...really bad ones, and not sure what if anything triggers them
Oh, and I had a doctor's appointment this morning...two strong heartbeats, and they'll see me again in a month. :)
Hope everyone has a lovely week!